Audition workshop with Vera Wenkert in Zurich with public concert on October 5th at 7.30 pm
In this audition workshop, participants prepare arias or aria recordings for upcoming engagements. We also focus on vocal technique, the interpretation of arias and roles, and on the appearance and skills required to successfully complete an audition. We find answers to the question of how to interpret and present a character on stage.
You work with us on one or two arias of your choice or a scene with other singers:
• Voice technique
• Musical interpretation
• Dramatic interpretation
• Concise actionable steps to optimize your presentation and mindset
• Clothing and presentation at auditions
• Methods for coping with stage fright
You will have the chance to perform your arias and eventually duets in a public concert.
Dramatic voices are welcome: In this course you will also have the opportunity to work on parts of upcoming roles for the next season and perform them in the concert.
The 17 hours of lessons are divided as follows:
• Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, October 2 – 4, from 1 pm – 6 pm
• Saturday, October 5, from 11 am – 1 pm
• Public concert on Saturday October 5 at 7:30 pm
Languages: German and English
• Vera Wenkert: dramatic soprano (performed more than 30 dramatic roles), vocal specialist and founder of the international Institute StimmKunst.
• Professional pianist: Ana Silvestru
Course fee: CHF 590 (max. 10 active participants, no passive participation)
Registration deadline: 20.8.2019.
Non-refundable registration fee: CHF 180,-. Course fee due after confirmation of registration within 20 days. If you cancel up to 10 days before the course starts, you will receive a 20% discount on the price of another future course.